This website is operated by Australian Securities Limited | Australian Securities | Australian Securities respects the privacy of the people we deal with, and we uphold high standards of privacy practice and security. This policy explains how we handle personal information and how we interact with you online.
Whenever we handle personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate standards of privacy practice and security are applied.
The information we collect.
For most products and services, it is necessary for us to collect ‘personal information’ such as your name, identity details, photos, contact details and transaction information.
We may also need to collect other personal details (such as gender, marital status and financial information) and other information from which you can be identified.
Our Credit Information Policy sets out details of our handling of personal credit information obtained from credit reporting bodies. This applies mostly to our credit products such as Credit Contracts or Finance Facility Agreements
Generally , we do not collect sensitive information about you unless required or permitted by law or where you consent for us to do so. Sensitive information will only be collected if it is relevant to your product or the service or function you are engaging us to provide. If applicable this will be communicated to you. For example, some forms of biometric data may be collected, stored and used to support access and verification procedures.
We will not collect sensitive information about you where this is expressly prohibited by local law.
Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- Political or religious beliefs
- Sexual orientation and sexual life
- Criminal convictions
- Membership of professional or trade associations or unions
- Biometric and health information
- Information about your affiliation with certain organisations such as professional associations
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- Provide you with quality products, services or transaction opportunities.
This may include financial services or managed investment schemes provided under either of our Australian Financial Services or Australian Credit licences.
- Consider applications and approaches you make to us.
- Conduct marketing and social functions
- Maintain your contact details.
- Fulfil our legal obligations such as those relating to taxation and anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing or as otherwise authorised by you.
Without such information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with an appropriate level of service. In such circumstances, we will process your application and provide you with the most appropriate level of service that we can.
How we collect your information
We collect personal information about you directly from you – this can be in person, in documents you give us, from telephone calls, emails, your access to our website or from transaction you make. We take reasonable steps to be transparent about how and why we collect personal data.
We may also collect your personal information from joint account holder(s) or third parties including public sources, your adviser(s), employer (or its affiliates), agents, introducers, referrers, brokers, our related companies and service providers (including credit reporting bodies, fraud and financial crime information exchanges and other information service providers).
How we store your information
We keep personal information in physical and electronic records, at our premises and the premises of our service providers, which may include processing or storage in the cloud, which may mean in practice that this information is stored outside Australia. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect the security of personal information.
We also keep records of our interactions with you (including by telephone, email and online) and your transaction history.
How we use your information
We use your personal information about you for the purpose for which it was provided to us, including to:
- process applications
- Administer and manage our products and services (including monitoring, auditing and evaluating those products and services)
- Model and test data (in a controlled environment)
- Develop scores, risk assessments and related analytical tools.
- Communicate with you and deal with or investigate any complaints, or enquiries.
We may also:
- Anonymise your data for our own purposes including market research and new product development.
- Use personal information about you for the prevention and mitigation of fraud and other financial crimes
- Use or permit our affiliates to use your personal information for related purposes to the extent that it is lawful to do so without your express permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to inform you or your adviser of investment opportunities to provide information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, if you don’t want to receive such communications you can tell us by using any of the methods listed below.
While we may sometimes – where it is lawful and with your permission if necessary – share personal information with companies we do business with (e.g., in product development, joint venture arrangements or distribution arrangements), we do not sell personal information for marketing purposes to other organisation or allow such companies to do this.
When your information is disclosed
We may also disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) in connection with the undertaking of our principal investment activities including, but not limited to, the management of any parts of our business or managed investment schemes as to another party when permitted by law or the Scheme Constitution
We do not disclose personal information to parties outside the Australian jurisdiction.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as possible.
You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information, we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Keeping information secure
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Australian Securities seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information — this includes internal policies, auditing, training and monitoring of staff.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure the privacy of the information provided to them.
How you can access or correct your information
You can contact us to request access to or correction of your personal information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access or make the requested corrections to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny these requests. If your request is denied, we will provide you with the reason why (if we can). Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
Dealing with us online
When you visit our websites operated by Australian Securities , you will generally browse anonymously unless you have logged into a client portal or accessed the website from a personalised communication from Australian Securities.
Once you have logged into an Australian Securities portal, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you, or provided us with personal information by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you and we may combine that with other information in order to provide you with a better online experience. If you would prefer not to be identified, you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below).
A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information placed on a user’s computer by a website for record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on websites operated by Australian Securities to:
- manage advertising – when you see one of our ads on a third-party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about the page you visit and the type of software you are using.
- monitor traffic – we use anonymous information to track how people are using the Australian Securities site. This may include time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer you are using.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
Your rights if you are in the EU.
As provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access your data; to correct or rectify your data; to delete your data subject to applicable law; to have your data processed only in accordance with applicable law; to have copies of your data to be moved to another controller; to object to our processing your data otherwise than in accordance with the law; and to withdraw any consent to our processing your data at any time.
Please email [email protected] to exercise any of those rights.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding privacy or information handling, please write to [email protected] or contact us 1300 275 275. Please mark communications to the attention of our Privacy Officer. We will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response.
If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may be able to escalate your complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme provide Australian Financial Complaints Authority | AFCA | if we are cannot to resolve your dispute .