What are the borrower benefits of a non-bank lender over a bank?
Borrowing from a non-bank lender can offer several benefits compared to traditional banks. Here are some advantages that borrowers may find with non-bank lenders:
- 1. Faster Approval Process: Non-bank lenders often have streamlined processes, allowing for quicker loan approval. They may have more flexibility in evaluating borrower’s creditworthiness, enabling them to make faster lending decisions.
- 2. Less Stringent Requirements: Non-bank lenders may have more relaxed eligibility criteria compared to banks, making it easier for certain borrowers, such as those with lower credit scores or irregular income, to qualify for loans.
- 3. Customized Loan Products: Non-bank lenders often specialize in niche markets or specific loan types, providing borrowers with more tailored loan options to meet their unique needs.
- 4. Greater Flexibility: Non-bank lenders are not bound by the same strict regulations as banks, giving them the freedom to offer more flexible loan terms and repayment schedules.
- 5. Personalized Customer Service: Non-bank lenders may offer more personalized customer service since they typically deal with smaller volumes of loans and can focus on building stronger relationships with their borrowers.
- 6. Technology and innovation: Non-bank lenders often adopt cutting edge technology and innovative approaches to the lending process, making it more convenient and efficient for borrowers to apply for loans and manage their accounts.
- 7. Accessibility: Non-bank lenders may have a a broader geographic reach, making their services available to borrowers in areas where traditional banks may have limited presence.
- 8. Diverse Loan Options: Non-bank lenders may offer a wide range of loan products beyond standard personal loans or mortgages such as peer-to-peer lending, online pay day loans or specialized business financing.
- 9. Less Collateral Requirements: In some cases, non-bank lenders may be willing to provide unsecured loans, reducing the need for borrowers to put up valuable assets as collateral.
- 10. Competitive Interest Rates: Although not always the case, some non-bank lenders may offer competitive interest rates and fees, which can be advantageous for borrowers seeking cost effective financing options.
- 11. Fresh Perspective: Non-bank lenders often bring a fresh perspective to the lending industry, encouraging competition and innovation in the financial sector.
While non-bank lenders can offer numerous benefits, it’s essential for borrowers to conduct thorough research and due diligence before engaging with any lender. Borrowers should consider factors such as the lender’s reputation, terms and conditions, interest rates, fees, and overall reliability before making a borrowing decision.
Australian Securities Limited experience the difference of a Private Fund and Non-bank lender providing peer to peer finance since 1925.
Still not sure…
Call us on 1300 275 275 to talk to one of our Finance Managers or Lending Executives. We prioritise direct communication and personalised support for our clients.
If you liked this article, please share.